We have 94 guests and no members online

search

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Allophones from Server/Dynamic

Allophones from Server/Dynamic 3 years 3 months ago #511

Hi guys-

I've created a web service that uses Merriam Webster's dictionary and the basic allophone dictionary to speak Tweets with Ginsing. But I'm having trouble creating GSAllophone arrays from string data from the Web service. Any ideas as to how one would go about this?

Here's an example response:
arcane-river-7063.herokuapp.com/test
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Allophones from Server/Dynamic 3 years 3 months ago #512

Sounds like a great project. I was unable to see the link you have provided, but are you referring to a text-to-sppech algorithm, or the implementation of an allophone list on the Arduino? Perhaps something else?
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by administrator.

Re: Allophones from Server/Dynamic 3 years 3 months ago #513

Thanks so very much - the link basically has some json:
{"msg":"_R,_EE,_M,_E,_M,_EB,_ER,_THH,_A,_T,_I,_I,_LO,_U,_V,_Y,_UE"}

so the way it works is that it parses a Tweet and looks it up in the dictionary initially populated by your allophone dictionary - then if it can't find the word it looks up a phonetic version in Merriam Webster - and then converts phonemes to allophones with a little look up table I made and sends it back in a ginsing allophone json response. I can pick up the response from my Arduino Uno/Adafruit CC3000/Ginsing stack - but I can't figure out how to take this dynamic data and convert it to a GSAllophone object. Thanks so much for your help and response.

Re: Allophones from Server/Dynamic 3 years 3 months ago #514

You can construct a phrase by just creating a GSAllophone array and then using the speak command. For example:
  GSAllophone phrase[] = { _LE , _AA , _ENDPHRASE };          // here is what we will be singing
  int phraseDur = voice->getMillis ( phrase );             // here is how long it takes
  voice->speak   ( phrase );                                       // sing the phrase

The phrase can be as long or short as you wish, although you always need the _ENDPRHASE terminator. You could statically declare the phrase a array to a maximum size and and fill it as needed ending with the terminator if you wanted to re-use the phrase string. Maybe two if you want to fill one while speaking the other.
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by administrator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brotherclone
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds