online now

We have 74 guests and no members online

search

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tweaker problems - Mac OS 10.9.3 Arduino Uno

Tweaker problems - Mac OS 10.9.3 Arduino Uno 3 years 3 months ago #501

Arduino 10.0.5 loads PC Link ok. (I had problems with 10.0.4)
Capacitor prompt ok.
Cap install check ok.
Tweaker app launch ok .

Tweaker cannot find Ginsing board.

Other sketch load ok on Uno + Ginsing stack. :huh:
USB cable and port appear to be ok since other sketch load ...
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by administrator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Tweaker problems - Mac OS 10.9.3 Arduino Uno 3 years 3 months ago #503

There are two things that might help reveal the problem. Firstly, you can launch the console application (under utilities) and see if there are any messages. You can clear the console before running the program to see what is related to the issue.

The other thing you can try is to launch a terminal window (also under utilities), and try executing the InstallOSX program under the installation directory - this outputs directly to the terminal.

If you need more instructions on how to do this please lets us know and we can walk through it.

Re: Tweaker problems - Mac OS 10.9.3 Arduino Uno 3 years 3 months ago #504

I checked console, no message.
Then started the Terminal not sure who it works.
But I took a guess and dragged INSTALL OSX in the window, pressed return, rebooted the whole thing and now all works fine.

I think it is important to mention that the Arduino app launch needs to be without the capacitor. Not so hard to figure out, but for newbees.... :blink:

Anyways, all works fine, and I look forward to create some cool effects on my app.
Thanks, :woohoo:
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Titanium_Blue. Reason: more precise steps descriptions, and emoticons!
The following user(s) said Thank You: administrator

Re: Tweaker problems - Mac OS 10.9.3 Arduino Uno 3 years 3 months ago #505

Sorry for the trouble getting going, but I guess its a learning experience nonetheless. I suspect that the OSX installation script was not allowed to run when you first ran the installation, but its a good thing we can check at the outset of problems for others.

BTW, not all Arduino's need the capacitor; there was a hardware design flaw on early rev boards that has since been fixed, so you could try running without it to see if it still works.

Thanks for your extra effort in figuring out what was wrong.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds