online now

We have 79 guests and no members online

search

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ginsing and Mega 2560

Ginsing and Mega 2560 4 years 1 week ago #385

I've just built my first Ginsing board and because I don't have a Uno around at the moment I tried it with a Mega 2560 but sadly no luck - no sound, no Ginsing LED activity etc. The example sketches appear to compile and upload correctly (no error msgs). Entirely possible my soldering skills have let me down, but before I go down that torturous path I'd really like to know if it should work in principle. As a very basic test, using the Welcome sketch I added a heartbeat to the LED on the Mega's pin 13 which only worked if I commented out the 'GS.begin( rcvPin , sndPin , ovfPin );' line. All advice very welcome, thanks.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by administrator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ginsing and Mega 2560 4 years 1 week ago #386

I would first look at the pin mapping difference between the Uno and the Mega. The jumpers on the GinSing shield are specific to the Uno, but if you relate those shield pins to the Mega pins and modify the test code accordingly you should be able to get the two boards to communicate. If you have any problem with the pin translation let me know and I can look it up.

Re: Ginsing and Mega 2560 4 years 1 week ago #387

Thanks for the prompt and helpful reply, and I have some good news! I checked the pinout diagrams at http://www.pighixxx.com/downloads/the-definitive-arduino-pinout-diagram/ and http://www.pighixxx.com/downloads/arduino-mega-v2/ and the only difference I can see is that the TX and RX pins on the Uno are labelled TXD0 and RXD0 on the Mega. But I suspect this isn't a major difference and in any case they don't seem to be used by the Ginsing. So I tried removing and reseating the shield on the Mega board and it worked! I wondered if I'd been a little stingy with the solder on the header pins as I didn't want blobs of solder stopping them from seating properly in the Mega's sockets. So I resoldered the pins and fingers crossed all's well. So the bottom line; yes the Ginsing will work with the Mega 2560 without any changes - I left the jumpers in the default 2,3,4 positions.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds