online now

We have 71 guests and no members online

search

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Quiet, Distorted Sounds

Quiet, Distorted Sounds 4 years 3 weeks ago #381

Hello all! I just finished assembling my GinSing board and loaded up the web demo sketch. The LED lights up but the board produces very little sound. After amplifying it quite a bit I can hear a heavily distorted version of the demo. This leads me to believe that the BabbleBot is working, but something is wrong with the amplifier circuit. I double checked the assembly and everything seems to be in order, so I really don't have a clue what could be the problem. Any ideas where to start?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Quiet, Distorted Sounds 4 years 3 weeks ago #382

It does indeed sound like its related to the output stage and/or the amplifier IC, or external connections.

1. Check the thumb wheel first it can be noisy; I have seen this solder connections on the thumb wheel can cause problems.

2. Double check the audio IC to make sure it's not upside down; it would still work, but would produce the sound you seem to be hearing.

3. Try speaker jack to see if it works. It might be that the audio jack connection is only coming out of one channel (the one not connected)

4. Take out the amp IC and run a jumper on the socket header from pin 3 to pin 5. This will bypass the IC circuitry completely, which is OK if you are connected to the stereo.

5. Try replacing the IC. Its an LM386 chip, which I think you can still get at Radio Shack or any common electronics supply store for under a $1.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by administrator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds