We have 89 guests and no members online

search

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What happened to Babblebot?

What happened to Babblebot? 4 years 8 months ago #335

Hi everybody,

I tried to buy a couple of Soundgin/Babblebot ICs from the Babblebot website three weeks ago for my own (non-GingSing) project. My Paypal account sent them the money but I haven't received the chips, and worse yet, my e-mail to them inquiring about my order was bounced back as undeliverable. Anybody out there know what might be going on?
-Steve
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by administrator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What happened to Babblebot? 4 years 8 months ago #336

We have received word that Ted, their lead engineer and PIC programmer had recently suffered from a severe medical condition, causing the delay. The chips are now available directly through us with an agreement with JT Technology. We have talked to Ted and he is in the process of honoring all outstanding orders.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by administrator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: satronic

Re: What happened to Babblebot? 4 years 1 month ago #379

I'm sorry to hear the bad news about Ted. Are there any updates on how he is? I can see this topic is over 6 months old now so I thought I would check in for any updates and I was wondering if the supply of Babblebot chips will still continue to be available with GinSing for the foreseeable future?
The following user(s) said Thank You: administrator

Re: What happened to Babblebot? 4 years 1 month ago #380

He's doing fine. He has relocated to the midwest now and is pumping out Babblebots faster than ever. BIGBUG rides again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: satronic

Re: What happened to Babblebot? 3 years 7 months ago #481

Like Widware, I too ordered a Babblebot but this time on the 4th March 2014. I emasiled Ted and JTTech separately but still have had not reply and my money has been paid by Paypal. It has been over 4 weeks now and has basically cost me twice as much to purchase due to teh postage on top - I know it can take a while to get goods to the UK fropm the US, but I have since ordered and received goods from other suppliers in the US.

Please provide the courtesy of a response to confirm when I can expect the chip to arrive?

Re: What happened to Babblebot? 3 years 7 months ago #482

Sorry to hear about your troubles - nobody likes to be put on hold after shelling out hard earned cash.
First, did you order from us (gingsingsound.com) or JT Tech (babblebot.net)?

We are not associated with JT Tech except that we order our Babblebot ICs from them; we can't take responsibility for their order processing but we can forward on your message in hopes that they can resolve it ASAP. If you ordered from us, we'll fix it immediately at our cost.

Re: What happened to Babblebot? 3 years 7 months ago #483

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I ordered it from JT Tech. It wasn't very clear who to contact with issues when looking at all the sites selling babblebot. I had no response from the othet two email addresses I managed to find for TED and JTTECH. Can you supply a contact address to guarantee a message will get through or pass on my query for me?

Thanks

Re: What happened to Babblebot? 3 years 7 months ago #484

It looks from the web that lots of people have had the same trouble with getting hold of the Babblebot from JT Tech. I'll have to cancel my order, however do you have any of these devices for sale?

Phil

Re: What happened to Babblebot? 3 years 7 months ago #485

Hi Phil. We are awaiting our order of Babbblebot ICs to complete our kits, but we expect them in within the next week. I will set aside a significant number from our planning kitting process to make them available to folks still waiting for individual orders. We can then afford to wait a bit longer for a replenish. As soon as they come in I'll post here.

Re: What happened to Babblebot? 3 years 7 months ago #488

I just heard back from Ted at JT Tech, and he requested that I post this update:

Guys, I no longer even get the emails from the old babblebot website. I cant log in to the back end of the website nor do I have the log in info for the Paypal account as it was tied to the now dead JTTech. Please request your money back from Paypal and in the future all babblebots go through ginsingsound.com.

Re: What happened to Babblebot? 3 years 1 month ago #537

Thats very boring - I bought some ICs from JT about 5 weeks ago and never received them.
Its a shame i must read here that Ted isnĀ“t able at all to ground the long time dead but money-taking website.
Makes me feel bad to order new qantities here and waiting for the other money from paypal :-(
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds